Spiritual care is an important part of the healing process for patients and family members. Due to the formality and specificity of religious ceremonies, these may be challenging even for professional interpreters. Regardless of individual beliefs and religious affiliation, this course will help interpreters to gain the necessary knowledge and understanding to interpret in the context of spiritual support sessions, religious sacraments, prayer, end of life matters, and religious celebrations.
Interpreter Services is offering a 4 hour mini-course on the Role of the Interpreter in Spiritual Care for working interpreters who already have received basic training in healthcare interpreting. This mini-course is part of a series of workshops on specific healthcare subjects and settings.
The cost of this course is $50.00 (US) and includes course materials.
Date and Time
- Sunday, December 10, 2017
- 8:30 am – 12:30 pm
- Interpreter Services, 2025 Traverwood Drive, Suite A4, Room 1213, Ann Arbor, MI
Cancellations will be permitted four or more weeks prior to the start of a training course without incurring a fee. Due to the cost of establishing, holding, and refilling participant slots, along with the associated costs of language assessments and course materials, the following cancellation fee schedule applies:
- For 2 to 4 weeks prior to the start of a training course, a cancellation fee of 25% of the training course price will be assessed.
- Between 8-13 days prior to the start of a training course, a cancellation fee of 50% of the training course price will be assessed.
- Within 7 days of the start of a training course, a cancellation fee of 75% of the training course price will be assessed.
- No show at first day of training course will incur a cancellation fee of 100% of training course price.
Questions about the course? Contact course instructor Oliver Gatonez (put course title – Interpreting the Sacred in the email subject line) or call the Medical Interpreter Training Academy at 734-998-2183.