Through lecture, direct practice, and small and large group discussion, this workshop will introduce participants to the concepts of mindfulness. We will then engage in simple mindfulness practice together, and allow time for questions for clarity to the practice. The workshop will then review principles and process of ethical decision making, in preparation of application of mindfulness practices to ethics, in part two of this workshop to be held at a later date.
- Able to describe the definition of mindfulness.
- Practiced one exercise of mindfulnesss.
- Identify three elements of an ethical decision-making model.
Participants who successfully complete this course will receive a Certificate of Completion at the end of the course.
This training is designed for professional interpreters working in any language.
The cost of this course is $50.00 (US). Course materials are included.
LARA-BPL has approved MI CEU Sponsorship for this Workshop with the Michigan Medicine Interpreter Services for 2.75 MI Professional Studies CEUs, 2.75 Medical or Mental Health CEUs and .05 Ethics CEUs. Partial MI CEU Sponsorship CEUs will not be awarded for this event and participants will receive a Certificate of Attendance as documentation. This program MI-CEU number is: #115021901.
Michigan Medicine Interpreter Services is an Approved RID CMP Sponsor for continuing education activities. This PS program is offered for 0.3 CEUs at the little/none content Knowledge Level. RID CEUs approved.
Leslie Pertz LMSW, NIC
Date, Time, and Location
- Saturday, February 23, 2019
- 9:00 am – 12:00 pm
- UMHS Interpreter Services, 2025 Traverwood Drive, Suite A4, Conference Room 1213, Ann Arbor, MI 48105
This training complies with the University of Michigan’s Nondiscrimination Policy. Please refer here for any policy questions: https://hr.umich.edu/working-u-m/workplace-improvement/office-institutional-equity/nondiscrimination-policy-notice.
To request reasonable accommodations, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
We want to make it as convenient as possible for students who need lodging in the Ann Arbor area while taking our classes.
- Call 800-544-8684 or 734-936-0135 for the UMHS Patient and Visitor Hotel Accommodations
- Bed and Breakfast Accommodations
Cancellations will be permitted four or more weeks prior to the start of a training course without incurring a fee. Due to the cost of establishing, holding, and refilling participant slots, along with the associated costs of language assessments and course materials, the following cancellation fee schedule applies:
- For 2 to 4 weeks prior to the start of a training course, a cancellation fee of 25% of the training course price will be assessed.
- Between 8-13 days prior to the start of a training course, a cancellation fee of 50% of the training course price will be assessed.
- Within 7 days of the start of a training course, a cancellation fee of 75% of the training course price will be assessed.
- No show on the first day of the training course will incur a cancellation fee of 100% of training course price.
Questions about UMHS Interpreter Services Mindfulness for Interpreters course? Contact course instructor Leslie Pertz (please put the course title in the subject line) or call the Medical Interpreter Training Academy at 734-998-2183.