Interpreter Services is offering a 4 hour mini-course on Medical Imaging for working interpreters who already have received basic training in healthcare interpreting. This mini-course is part of a series of workshops on specific healthcare subjects and settings. Do you know the difference between an MRI and a CT scan? Medical Imaging explores the predominate technologies used to capture or produce images of the human body for patient testing and diagnosing. This workshop will prepare Interpreters to work in these environments. Participants will learn about the machines and how they function, what patients will experience, how to protect oneself from unnecessary exposure to radiation and the policies and procedures at Michigan Medicine.
The cost of this course is $50.00 (US) and includes course materials.
Madonna University is an Approved RID CMP Sponsor for continuing education activities. This General Studies program is offered for .4 CEUs at the some Content Knowledge Level.
Michigan BEI units (pending)
Date and Time
- Saturday, May 20, 2017
- 8:30 am – 12:30 pm
- Interpreter Services, 2025 Traverwood Drive, Suite A4, Room 1213, Ann Arbor, MI
Cancellation Policy Cancellations will be permitted four or more weeks prior to the start of a training course without incurring a fee. Due to the cost of establishing, holding, and refilling participant slots, along with the associated costs of language assessments and course materials, the following cancellation fee schedule applies:
- For 2 to 4 weeks prior to the start of a training course, a cancellation fee of 25% of the training course price will be assessed.
- Between 8-13 days prior to the start of a training course, a cancellation fee of 50% of the training course price will be assessed.
- Within 7 days of the start of a training course, a cancellation fee of 75% of the training course price will be assessed.
- No show at first day of training course will incur a cancellation fee of 100% of training course price.
Questions Questions about the course? Contact course instructor James Cech (put course title – Medical Imaging in the email subject line) or the Medical Interpreter Training Academy at 734-998-2183.