This 8–hour course is ideal for Medical Interpreters who work with DeafBlind and low vision patients. Participants will learn how to work with patients who have a variety of support and interpreting needs.
Interpreters will learn DeafBlind interpreting skills while supporting DeafBlind patients in their clinical and communication needs. Interpreters will learn: sighted guide, how to work with a client who uses a guide dog, interpreting techniques for DeafBlind patients who have a vision loss (restricted field, tracking, etc), and tactile interpreting strategies. Specific focus will be on interpreting for the vision clinic and testing related to that clinical area.
The cost of this course is $75.00 (US) and includes course materials.
- Karen Bailey
Date and Time
- Saturday, January 20, 2018
- 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
- Interpreter Services, 2025 Traverwood Drive, Suite A4, Room 1213, Ann Arbor, MI
Cancellations will be permitted four or more weeks prior to the start of a training course without incurring a fee. Due to the cost of establishing, holding, and refilling participant slots, along with the associated costs of language assessments and course materials, the following cancellation fee schedule applies:
- For 2 to 4 weeks prior to the start of a training course, a cancellation fee of 25% of the training course price will be assessed.
- Between 8-13 days prior to the start of a training course, a cancellation fee of 50% of the training course price will be assessed.
- Within 7 days of the start of a training course, a cancellation fee of 75% of the training course price will be assessed.
- No show at first day of training course will incur a cancellation fee of 100% of training course price.
Questions about the course? Contact course instructor Karen Bailey (put course title – Interpreting for DeafBlind Patients in the Medical Setting in the email subject line) or the Medical Interpreter Training Academy at 734-998-2183.