This workshop will discuss real life ethical challenges that interpreters face on a daily basis. We will use both the National Council on Interpreting in Health Care Standards of Practice and RID Code of Professional Conduct to guide these case study discussions. By knowing and using these Standards and Codes, Interpreters will be better equipped to handle these difficult situations and understand the impact of the choices that they make on not just the patient and their families, but also the medical team as a whole.
Interpreter Services is offering a 4 hour mini-course on Ethics of Healthcare Interpreting for working interpreters who already have received basic training in healthcare interpreting. This mini-course is part of a series of workshops on specific healthcare subjects and settings.
The cost of this course is $50.00 (US) and includes course materials.
.4 RID CEUs/Michigan BEI units (pending)
Date and Time
- Saturday, November 18, 2017
- 8:30 am – 12:30 pm
- Interpreter Services, 2025 Traverwood Drive, Suite A4, Room 1213, Ann Arbor, MI
Cancellations will be permitted four or more weeks prior to the start of a training course without incurring a fee. Due to the cost of establishing, holding, and refilling participant slots, along with the associated costs of language assessments and course materials, the following cancellation fee schedule applies:
- For 2 to 4 weeks prior to the start of a training course, a cancellation fee of 25% of the training course price will be assessed.
- Between 8-13 days prior to the start of a training course, a cancellation fee of 50% of the training course price will be assessed.
- Within 7 days of the start of a training course, a cancellation fee of 75% of the training course price will be assessed.
- No show at first day of training course will incur a cancellation fee of 100% of training course price.
Questions about the course? Contact course instructor Christa Moran (put course title – Ethics of Healthcare Interpreting in the email subject line) or the Medical Interpreter Training Academy at 734-998-2183.